Specific events that look interesting
- Christmas Related Things specifically about Christmas - churches and decorations.
- Museum Exhibits Current exhibits at museums that look interesting (ie See Napoleons Hat)
Activities For Winter
- Les Feeries du vieux montreal
- The Oratory
- Le Vieux Port
- The New Year's Grand Ball, a tradition that lives on To close the festivities, the famous New Year's Grand Ball will return for a 9th consecutive year. On the evening of December 31st, residents, tourists and the curious alike are invited to gather at Place Jacques Cartier to celebrate the new year in a festive atmosphere that will feature captivating music and sparkling fireworks.
Nestled in the heart of the Valley of Saint-Sauveur and only 45 minutes from downtown Montreal.
- Tube Slides 15 trails, 2 with steep slopes and 3 lifts Snow Rafting: 2 trails and 1 lift
is the highest of the three peaks rising 853 meters (2,800 feet). It offers novices a large scenic trail four km long and experienced skiers and snowboarders breathtaking runs with and without moguls.
Mont Tremblant Resort is a large year round resort about one and a half hours north of Montreal. It is best known as a ski destination, but also features a lake suitable for swimming, and two golf courses in the summer months. The name of the mountain, Mont Tremblant, means "trembling mountain" in French. The summit is at an elevation of 875 m (3,150 feet), which makes it one of the tallest peaks in the Laurentian
- List of Actvities
- Dog Sledding "Everyone needs to go dog sledding at some point in there life. Its an fantastic experience and a great way to enjoy the winter. I'm not even a big dog person, but the huskies are great dogs, and very friendly.One thing about dog sledding that I never imagined, is there is actual a good chance of getting hurt. We wiped out on our sled a few times and got a few injuries. The worst one was a head on collision with a tree while going down a steep hill." from Dogsledding adventures
- Acrobranche Try this sensational aerial adventure with zip lines strung 25 to 75 feet high in the trees. Adults and families with older kids will get try the whole course, the Classik during daytime, or the Magik at night with headlamps!
The ski resort in the Gatineau Region
- The Salon
- The Salon is about experiencing life with style and panache, whether in your chateau or ours. We track everything involved in lifestyles from any time, past or present, manners, arts, frivolity, entertainment, fashion and unusual and eclectic activities, museums and castles, and curious travel destinations throughout the world.
The workshops for Dame Godefroy's Salon are:
- Dame Godefroys Textile Arts, a center for designing and making all sorts of clothing, costumes and regalia for events we hold at the castle.
- The Kitchen, where our master chef shares recipes and cooking techniques from any moment in history to complete the ambiance for any event.
See TheDailyScroll and Event Calendar for more activities.
Last edited October 26, 2011 (history